Monday, February 28, 2011
Joining together in factions and guilds, players have a vast world to explore and conquer. A robust crafting system allows players to create unique weapons and armor that enhance their personalized combat skills. The online marketplace and auction house allows players to buy and sell their creations with thousands of players. With thousands of different weapon, skill, and armor combinations, each player will have their own unique experience tailored to their personal choices.
Player vs. player combat adds a new twist to the action, with players competing for victory against each other in arena combat. Players can prove they are the mightiest warrior by defeating all their opponents or teaming up in tag-team matches. Leaderboards and in-game honorary titles will show the world who has the most skill.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
On the dynamic map players can view the battling hordes and send their armies into battle. Strategic teamwork and the tactical know-how of up to eight players per match will decide whether the faction will be able to occupy and keep that sector.
Commanders select, train and equip a variety of different units to create an army and head off into the fray of combat. Thousands of players battle against one another to win the upper hand for their side. If the weather cooperates, that is. The effects of experimental element weapons such as artificial tornados and storms can make or break a battle.
Beta testing of Elements of War Online will start this quarter. Further information can be found soon on the game's website.
Features at a glance:
- Tactical map with 50 different battle zones
- 16 maps (forest, desert, town, plains, hills, snow)
- Element weapons )earthquakes, tornadoes, thunder, electro-magnetic pulses, storms)
- 2 playable factions (USA, Russia); more factions are in planning
- 31 unit types for each faction (infantry, vehicles, planes, helicopters)
- Experimental units (such as units with modern armor and uniforms)
- Up to 8 players on one map (4-on-4)
- Units gather experience and gain ranks, can be equipped and learn skills
- Destroyable environment